To post an advert
Please email the web editor email@example.com (use lower case)
As much detail as possible with photos and prices will help to ensure a sale.
radiator and chrome surround for sale
Y type radiator and chrome surround in good condition £120
M G Y Type Four Seat Saloon for sale.
- GL 9899 registered 16th May 1947. Bought by vendor’s Mother 20th May 1957.
- Body off rebuild 1999 – 2002 body tints Elizabeth Grey & Shires Green.
- Modern black carpet moderate job. Vellum Beige seats & trim all original and not treated.
- Engine & gearbox rebuild 2001. Rear axle not stripped. Spare to be sold with the car include rear axle with universal in place, unused crown wheel and pinion and half shafts + the usual travelling items. New coil springs 2016 and electronic ignition installed in error (but it really works) 2017.
- Very advanced chassis design – rack and pinion steering, Issigonis independent wishbone front suspension, Panhard Rod used to locate the underslung rear axle.
- Massive strength; M G ladder chassis carrying monocoque Morris Series E central tub. M G styling at boot and forward of windscreen.
- Brilliant XPAG 1250 4 cyl OHV engine syncro on top three gears.
- Completed the Kimber trial 2003 – and why not?
- Marque representative at MG Live Silverstone celebrating the Y Type Diamond Birthday in 2007. Marque representative on the Y Type stand celebrating a 70th Birthday at MG Live 2016.
- In 2017 contributed two West Country section of The Jubilee Rally. Not a famous car but a bit of a contributor and very pleased to have been part of this unique event.
- The MG CC Y Type Register AGM, Dinner and Spring Run is being held as I write. We went to the pub in remembrance in our car.
- Photos, files and books included.
- PRICE £17,500 . Please excuse security – phone contact; 01380 816222 and discussion – or just call in for tea and a bun and a run.