There will be an interuption in service until Monday 4th June for family reasons. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Mike and Sue.
The Register offers a range of Regalia, Books, Publications and other items to assist you in enjoying your Y Type ownership experience and to make things as easy as possible for owners to keep their cars in good order.
For a complete list of all RESTORATION ITEMS please click on this LINK
The Register now offers its popular DATA SHEETS as FREE downloadable PDFs, click here to access them.
RECENT ADDITIONS TO STOCK
STOP PRESS! (11th January 2018). The Register can now offer Jackall Ram Seals at £12.50 each. Read all about them in the Restoration Items section or click here- http://www.mgccyregister.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=160
The Register can also offer the main shaft seal for the Jackall pump unit. Check out the Restoration Items section or click here - http://www.mgccyregister.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=159
1. Jackall Spares. New brass tube nuts and olives for the top of the Y Type Jackall rams at £3.65. These have been manufactured especially for the Register - hence the somewhat higher price. This is in addition to the tube nuts and olives to connect the reservoir to the pump. They cost £2.10 each. And the tube nuts and olives to connect the two feed pipes from the pump and the two feed pipes to the rear jacks at the 3-way connector on the back axle. They cost £1.45 each. Please note that the rear flexible hose kit we sell includes a further three tube nuts and three olives (which are of a slightly different design). All the above items are now available through the standard Shop ordering system. Look for 'Jackall system spares' in the Restoration Items section. Or click here - http://www.mgccyregister.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=158
2. BOOT HINGE PADS to sit beneath your chrome boot hinges. Click here - http://www.mgccyregister.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=157
3. Sets of YA/YT and YB stainless steel BOOT FLOOR TOOL CLIPS, complete with setting out instructions, are now available. Retail prices are YA/YT - £31.50, YB - £26.30. There are 9 clips in three shapes in the YA/YT set and 8 clips in two shapes in the YB set. Stainless steel 6mm fixings which comprise a bolt, nut, flat washer and spring washer retail at YA/YT - £3.70, YB - £3.30. Click here - http://www.mgccyregister.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=155
4. Reproduction REAR GRAB STRAPS complete with a chrome plated bracket (also sold separately) and polished stainless steel fixing screws. NOW BACK IN STOCK. http://www.mgccyregister.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=154
5. REAR AXLE CHECK STRAP BUFFERS (Part G118 on the Service Parts List) modelled on an original and vulcanised to a curved fixing plate, are now available priced at £25 each. We think that these parts are unobtainable elsewhere. The Register has had the mould manufactured and further stock will be ordered as necessary. http://www.mgccyregister.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=153
Moulded Ashtrays and Surrounds.
Original Y Type ashtrays and surrounds have been used to create the moulds for these replacements. They have been cast in flexible, two-part polyurethane, self-coloured to match the original in original Bakelite as closely as possible. The polyurethane appears to produce a far less brittle moulding. The ashtrays come complete with a reproduction round chrome plated brass knob, drilled and tapped for the supplied countersunk fixing screw. For more information and prices please see the following page: Y Type Ashtrays.
The Register can provide you with carpet sets suitable for both Saloons and Tourers through a special arrangement with Coverdale (UK) Ltd. the well-known car carpet providers based in Lancashire. Click here to find out more.
For items in any of the three categories below please click on the links in the 'header' at the top of this page.
The Regalia items are there to provide an opportunity to purchase the occasional gift for those with leanings towards Y Types, or those who have had connections with them in the past. You can order items of clothing carrying the Register logo in various colours and designs direct from Topsigns. Just look under the Register Badged clothing from Topsigns item in the Regalia list. Of particular interest is the Limited Edition Sakaguchi Collection. These items were designed for us by the well-known Japanese Y Type owner – Masaaki Sakaguchi. Regrettably he died in 2014. Click here to find out all you need to know.
Our range of Books and other Publications, many written by Register members, are selected to help and advise you in the regular maintenance or restoration of your car. The experience of many members' efforts in rebuilding or refurbishing various components of their cars are recorded in the various data sheets produced by the Register.
The Register has also sourced restoration items that are difficult, or impossible to obtain from mainstream suppliers. In some cases these have been manufactured, on behalf of the Register, based on original patterns from members own cars. In accordance with MG Car Club Ltd. policy, the Register does not supply spares or parts for suspension, braking and steering systems, or any items which may affect the operational safety of the vehicle in normal use. If you have any ideas for any other products that you feel the Register might consider providing, then please contact us.
Click on the following link to access a list of all the Restoration items we sell or have information on - LIST.
Members (Single, Joint or Under 25 members) of the MG Car Club Ltd., Abingdon, UK, are offered a general discount of 5% on published VAT inclusive prices for Regalia, Register Information Sheets and Restoration Items. To qualify for this discount, you must provide your MGCC (UK) membership number with the order (see “address” section of the order form). We are unable to offer this discount on Books and Publications sold at the cover price, or on post and packing charges. The discount will be applied automatically, where applicable, to each item on the invoice issued at the point of sale.
Ordering from the Y-Type Register Shop
Please note that all our prices include UK VAT at 20%. VAT is charged on orders from Eurozone countries, but orders from all other countries do not have to pay VAT. In all cases please await the arrival of the formal invoice - usually by e-mail - before making any payment.
To order, simply go to the item you wish to buy, make any necessary selections. Then click on the Add to Basket button. You can repeat this process and buy as many items as you wish - a summary of your purchases can be viewed at the top right of your screen.
When you are ready to order, click on the Checkout link above the top menu bar, then provide the requested information.
After completing your order you will receive an automatic confirmatory e-mail from the website and then a personal e-mail from us acknowledging the order. In due course you will receive a further e-mail informing you of the total cost and the following payment options:
The Register is happy to exchange items at our discretion if notified within 7 days of receipt.
We use recycled packing wherever possible to keep down your costs. We also use second class UK mail and the lowest possible airmail rate for items sent abroad. Items exceeding the standard UK Royal Mail insurance level (currently c. £20) will be insured as appropriate and the costs included in the postage and packing charge to protect the interests of both parties. If you want items particularly urgently and are prepared to pay the additional costs involved, please do let us know.
We look forward to being of service to you.
Mike and Sue Silk
MGCC Ltd Y Type Register