To post an advert
Please email the web editor
webeditorATmgyregister.com (replace AT with @)
AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE WITH PHOTOS AND PRICES WILL HELP TO ENSURE A SALE.
Parts for Sale
Following the sale of YB 0279 to facilitate the purchase of an MG VA, I have the following for sale. I will consider sensible offers:
Hard copy of ‘Let there be Ys’, signed by the author and including the supplement. Used, but in good condition with dust jacket. Some discolouration to the spine of the dust jacket due to exposure to light
MG Y Type Golden Jubilee car badge. This is one of a limited number (I am not sure how many) produced by the Register in 1997 to commemorate 50 years since the first Y Type was built. It is in very good condition with minor surface scratches due to polishing and being on my car for several years.
Quantity of Y type parts in various condition, including some rare and hard to find items – new old stock crown wheel and pinion (YB), pair of chrome Lucas headlights, still in their original red boxes.
I will send photos and a complete list of the parts on request. Email invectis(at)outlook(dot)com, tel 07717 765001.
Wanted boot lid and spare wheel cover/lid for my YB. Good (ish) condition please as I could rebuild mine but would prefer ones that no not need repair.
Please contact Mick Breare at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07958 770617 (Please leave message if I do not answer)
Parts for Sale
Gearbox with remote, £300. Rear differential assembly, £400. 2 x Girling refurbished front suspension units, £300 pair. Jackal pump and reservoir £200. 2 x Half-shafts, £275 pair. Radiator and shell, £200.
Contact Graham Allen (Cromer, Norfolk) on 01263 761415. or email. email@example.com.
Parts For Sale
Offers around £220 for the whole bundle.
Window frames £90
Number plate holders and lamps £50
Contact Alistair Ruddick 07470709699 Axminster Devon
MG YA workshop manual for sale
Maroon original copy, pages are mint but cover is tatty. £25 plus P&P. Contact Pat on 01525 382347.
Free to a good home Two XPJM 1140cc
Disposing of two XPJM 1140cc engines. Mostly complete. Absolutely free to collect, although you’ll need some help with you to lift them. Contact Peter Sharp on 01525 861652 or 07725 631718.
For Sale Radiator cover and YB Wings
Any reasonable offer accepted for the front wings.
Call Chris 07930129218.
For Sale YB 1953 £3000
1 of the final 400 built, last on the road in 1976 (tax’ d and mot’d)V5 document with original transferable registration
An easy restoration project due to its originality, Has a very sound chassis, engine not running due to cylinder head being removed for inspection, comes with complete TD twin carb set up, old filter housing and manifold etc, Doors, boot lid and sills have had previous repairs and still need work, One seat frame needs one bottom tube reattaching, Dashboard is complete with all instruments Jackall system is complete and in place but untested, Headlining intact but dirty, The front grille is in great condition with good chrome, New stainless steel exhaust included, Some spares including, pair of front wings, 1 rear wing, front valance, inner wing, selection of new and used brake parts including pipes and cylinders, shoes, linings etc A sound project with good original trim, seats and doors panels useable with some attention, Has some history with mileage logbooks etc,
Would recommend viewing , located between J22/23 M5 Somerset
If interested phone Tony on 01278-789024
M G Y Type Four Seat Saloon for sale.
- GL 9899 registered 16th May 1947. Bought by vendor’s Mother 20th May 1957.
- Body off rebuild 1999 – 2002 body tints Elizabeth Grey & Shires Green.
- Modern black carpet moderate job. Vellum Beige seats & trim all original and not treated.
- Engine & gearbox rebuild 2001. Rear axle not stripped. Spare to be sold with the car include rear axle with universal in place, unused crown wheel and pinion and half shafts + the usual travelling items. New coil springs 2016 and electronic ignition installed in error (but it really works) 2017.
- Very advanced chassis design – rack and pinion steering, Issigonis independent wishbone front suspension, Panhard Rod used to locate the underslung rear axle.
- Massive strength; M G ladder chassis carrying monocoque Morris Series E central tub. M G styling at boot and forward of windscreen.
- Brilliant XPAG 1250 4 cyl OHV engine syncro on top three gears.
- Completed the Kimber trial 2003 – and why not?
- Marque representative at MG Live Silverstone celebrating the Y Type Diamond Birthday in 2007. Marque representative on the Y Type stand celebrating a 70th Birthday at MG Live 2016.
- In 2017 contributed two West Country section of The Jubilee Rally. Not a famous car but a bit of a contributor and very pleased to have been part of this unique event.
- The MG CC Y Type Register AGM, Dinner and Spring Run is being held as I write. We went to the pub in remembrance in our car.
- Photos, files and books included.
- PRICE £17,500 . Please excuse security – phone contact; 01380 816222 and discussion – or just call in for tea and a bun and a run.